Next Door

Free private social network for your neighbourhood community.


Keep up to date with our recent news, events and meetings


Keep up to date with stories and important information in your local area​



You can report incidents of dog fouling by completing the Shropshire Council Online Report Form  or by contacting Shropshire Council Customer Service Centre on 0345 678 9006.

Dog owners are required by law to clean up after their dog; failure to do so can result in a fixed penalty notice being issued or possible prosecution.

Dog waste should be disposed of in the appropriate manner, either by utilising the Shropshire Council dog or litter bins or by taking it home and disposing of it in your general refuse bin.

The Shropshire Council online form can be found here:


Whether it’s a pothole, faulty streetlight or traffic light, damaged bridge, or damaged road sign. Issues with these services need to be reported correctly.

With over 5,000 kilometres of roads, cycleways, footpaths and verges in Shropshire, it is not possible for the council to inspect all of the network all of the time. You can help us by reporting any maintenance problems you see. It is important to provide accurate details of the problem, including; what the problem is, where it is located, when you noticed the problem and your name and contact details.If the problem is urgent, please telephone 0345 678 9006 or alternatively complete a Highways fault report on the Shropshire Council Website.

Exceptions to this are highways which are not the responsibility of Shropshire Council. For highway defects within the Telford and Wrekin area only telephone 01952 384000.

The following roads in Shropshire are maintained by the Highways Agency:

  • M54 whole length
  • A5 Preston Island (junction with A49 north of Shrewsbury) to county boundary Chirk
  • A5 Shrewsbury to Telford
  • A49 South of Shrewsbury by-pass
  • A483 South of A5 Roundabout Oswestry Mile End to Llanymynech
  • A458 West of Shrewsbury by-pass

For general enquiries, contact their office on 0300 123 5000 or email:


As Clerk I have witnessed that the Parish Council is frequently approached about matters over which they have no jurisdiction or powers. Shropshire’s Safer Stronger Communities Partnership believes that all residents and tenants have the right to live peacefully within their home and communities and is committed to tackling anti-social behaviour.

Anti-social behaviour can take many forms, including playing loud music in the early hours of the morning, graffiti and vandalism, offensive and threatening behaviour, harassment and intimidation, fly-tipping and fly-posting. 

The Partnership is reminding residents that there is now a single reporting number for people to report incidents of anti-social behaviour. If you have experienced or witnessed anti-social behaviour, you shouldn’t suffer in silence, please tell them about it by calling: